I want to share something with you guys

Basically I have struggled with feeling confident in my own skin, until it came to the age of wearing makeup, but even from a young age I realised, that it was hard to find the right my perfect foundation shade. But, it was not that major to me as I wasn't a foundation wearer at the time. But as soon as I began uni, which was two years ago I got into makeup and was able to invest in different foundations,  I have used MAC, Sleek, Illamasqua, Revlon, Inglot, the list goes on. Even when I thought I had found my skin tone at Sleek, it was discontinued due to lack of demand.  This gave me the idea that fair enough there may not have been a lot of demand for it, but do we not deserve to be catered to? Even at MAC, which I currently use, I still have not find a perfect match and have to settle for a lighter shade and try to work with it.

I have realised that I think there is a need for a makeup range specifically for dark skinned women,which caters to women of colour with both warm and cool undertones with different finishes. Yes there is makeup by Iman and Black Opal, but in the UK these are not easily accessible. And we have MAC and Fashion Fair, but these may not be affordable for everyone. Also, I have realised that sometimes the 'darkest' shade provided by the current brands in the market are not dark enough especially for women as dark as me.  I want women to embrace their skin tone and feel beautiful. I want to be able to change the perception of beauty we see nowadays  and make darker skinned women feel amazing, because we have the right to. Makeup is all about feeling good and if you can't even find the makeup for you, it can reduce your self esteem and confidence (my own experiences). So having makeup which serves a range of darker skin tones will allow dark skin women to embrace their beauty.

So, I have started a business to cater to dark skinned black women, this will range from anywhere from a MAC NW45 up to the darkest I can get. My goal is for my makeup range to be accessible, affordable and of great quality. I have undergone and I am undertaking a lot of research to turn this dream into a  reality. I am soon to be in the process of creating these products and would like any views and comments, especially from my dark skinned women to get some more knowledge and ideas on what you would like to see in this makeup range. I really want to know how people feel about this and I want to be in touch with my future customers.

Thanks everyone xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)