Redikuts by Folaji Part 1

 Hello everyone, long time no see ey? I had an important placement essay to do and just didn't have the time to blog, but now I'm back. So, I was contacted by Redikuts by Folaji; an African clothing designer to try out some clothes. These items were requested by me, I sent over styles I wanted and selected the fabrics that she offered and then she took it from there. The next post will include what she had chosen to make for me (fabrics and styles).

Skater Skirt

The description of this skirt is:
They are seasonless, versatile, ever-trendy, and universally flattering: Nothing is quite as fashionable as our new range of skater skirts which get their name due to their similarity to a figure skating outfit. This skirt is fitted at the waist and flared out into an A-line silhouette and they come in an endless array of African fabrics, colours, patterns and lengths. This means that there's a version out there to suit ever personality and solve any wardrobe dilemma. They're season-less, but we at Redikuts by Folaji particularly love them in mini and midi lengths and have created them in pretty colours for our spring/summer collections. This one is fully lined with matching waistband, hidden hook and eye and hidden zip. 

I like this skirt, it is made very well with a good zip and lining, but I would rather it be a bit shorter and with less flairs. I wanted this to be worn as casual skirt for casual days out such as bbqs and summer events but the longer length makes it a bit more formal. 



Pencil Skirt

This piece, a luxuriously tailored pencil skirt in a bold African print fabric is with matching waistband, hidden hook and eye and hidden zip. It is fully-lined, to provide you with a classic look that will transition well from day into evening wear, season after season.

This skirt I really like the print and the shape its has a lovely tulip shape to it. The print is very  bold I thought I would go with a bold print as I actually don't wear a lot of colour, so I went out of my comfort zone with this.I would pair it with a cami, leather jacket and pumps for a casual look or for an evening look, some chunky heels, a bandeau and kimono.



Please enquire for prices. Their skirts come in sizes XS - XXL. To get yours, like their Facebook page below and place your order.


1 comment:

  1. Dark-n-Luvly, these look stunning on you. This is type of skater skirt is the 'Full flare skirt' and they are usually cut to resemble a full umbrella shape.
    The other type, which I think is probably the one you're referring to is known as a 'Half flare skirt' and as the name suggests has 'half' the volume of a full flare skirt. 

    We do have some in our new Spring/Summer collection, so please visit our page and inbox me for more details. 

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :)